Reading series «Das andere Buch an der Uni»
- Alex Capus reads from «Der König von Olten»
- Library of the University of St. Gallen, under the cupola
- Thursday, 30 April 2009, 7.30 pm
- Free entry. Reading in German
- Chair: Professor Andreas Härter, Associate Professor for German Language and Literature, University of St. Gallen
About the book
For Alex Capus, big cities like Zurich or Berlin are “nothing more than Olten ten or a hundred times over”. The author tells stories about his home town, its inhabitants and the beauty of Olten Railway Station, the smell emanating from the chocolate factory, as well as the perfectly mundane madness that “keeps us alive day after day”.
About the author
Alex Capus used to work as Home Editor at the Schweizerische Depeschenagentur in Berne. He now lives as a freelance writer with his family in Olten.